Its Been a While



I know its been a while since I shared my lovely little fiber art so I wanted to take the time to do so. It has been crazy as always here.... we registered our oldest for kindergarten, my father in law was rushed to the ER and we have been potty training our youngest. I have still been fitting in crochet when I can and am proud to say I finished some projects. I have been working on a baby shower gift for a sweet lady from Louisiana. She really blessed me a couple years ago by sending me a lot of homeschool materials and I wanted to repay the favor. I made the diaper cover from a free pattern that can be found here. In her pattern instead of row 18 and 19 being beige I did row 18 in red and row 19 in white. I also made the tail on my own by CH 2 then sc 5 in 2nd CH. I then increased around till I got the width I needed then sc around till I got the length I wanted. For the beige I used "I Love This Yarn" in taupe, "Red Heart With Love" in Holly Berry and "Red Heart With Love" in Aran. The hat I just made a magic circle, sc 6 in the loop, increased until I had a flat circle the size I needed, crocheted around. I also added simple ear flaps and cute floppy ears. The tail I made detachable by putting a button on it. I loved how it cam out and very proud of how far I have come.



These are from a CAL that i did this month. The original pattern is by Sara Sach : Posh Pooch Designs and can be found here...  She has very cute designs and she does design for furry friends but has a bunch of designs and patterns for us humans too!! I Made my bag more of a 12x16 so my long knitting needles can lay flay in the bottom. I also plan on lining it with the fabric in the picture. My new project bag fits perfectly under my laptop table in front of my chair... loving it.


 These are my donation squares for last month. I am currently working on 4 other 12 x 12 squares I hope to mail off by the end of the week... Donating is such a great thing!

Random Things to Share...

my youngest working with his daddy and bubba putting together a bookcase for the yarn room..
My New tank my darling hubby bought me for my craftroom
My sweet little Kitty Dexter... This is how he sleeps when I hold him. He is the sweetest little thing.



I wanted to give a shout out to a follower of this blog who is going through a hard  time... Mrs Lisa I am thinking of you...

Comments

Popular Posts