Back to School and a New Washer too.

Its been a while since my last post and to be honest I have been to busy to post. Our oldest started Kindergarten, my washing machine died and we had to get a new one, the carpet cleaner died and the regular vacuum cleaner handle broke. It has been one thing after another. I am STILL working on the Honey Cowl, but mostly I am focusing on Lee's hat. It is the Dave Beanie and the pattern can be found here. I have finished the main portion of the hat and about to start the decreases. I am using Stonehedge Fiber Mill in the  Shepherd's Wool Worsted Black colorway. I had an Oh NO! moment yesterday when I was at the doctors office. I had dropped my stitch marker and did not realize it. I just looked for my orginial tail and followed the stitch up. I am not sure if that was the correct thing to do but oh well. Since my baby has started school I get to work on his TMNT during the day but I have not touched it this week.... I just had not have the time.

I did get some thrift store shopping today though and managed to get a few goodies. I was looking for a big pot to dye fiber in but of course could not find one. I did find a Lovely Vintage Owl candle that I paid .25 and a Vintage Tissue Box tin I also paid .25 for. The tin is in perfect shape and has a cute farm motif .... I love the sheep on the side.  I also got some yarn but I have not washed it yet. Besides thrift store shopping I also got a package in the mail. The hubby claimed a $5 "school" item credit from Amazon and I was able to use it on two books for me. I will share more about the books later. They can however be found on the main blog on the left side along with other "Favs" of mine.




Comments

Popular Posts