Hats Of To Our Troops!

Its been about 10 days from my last post and I am almost to tired to write this today but I hate being behind...
It is a early Monday morning here in Alabama. The boys are eating breakfast and soon we will be in the car taking the "kindergartner" to school. Today he has a short week since they are out Friday. The weather here is been a little cooler the last 2 days and I am loving every minute of it. The leaves are starting to change and fall to the ground with each little breeze. This week will be a short week for me since I get to go to DOTMOM. in Chattanooga Tennessee with my mom.  We are lucky that is only two hours from here but its just all the "getting things" ready before hand that is so tiring. I am really wanting to complete my honey comb scarf I have been working on. I wanted to take it.. just in case it was cool there. I have one FO to show and a "almost" completed FO. This week it has been all about hats...

The first one I did was for some KAL that I mentioned in the last post. I made the hat out of my handspun. The roving is from Kramer Yarns and is 100 wool. It was the 2nd thing I had ever spun on my wheel. It is a little quirky thin in some places and fat in others. I love it though, I think that is what makes this hat look so cozy. This one got a bit scary since I was left with on a 3 inch tail after sewing it up! I was getting a little sweaty towards the end to say the least.

To Knit This hat do a 2x2 rib then a 3 rows of purls and then knit up and do decreases, sew up and enjoy.


The next hat is a donation hat. I knitted it for my LYS. They are collecting hats to send to the troops by December. They had yarn donated from different companies. I was given a ball of Ella Rae superwash in chunky to make mine.  To make the hat I did a simple 2x2 rib then knit until the hat reached 7 inches. Once I was at 7 inches I began my decreases. Do you see the cute little candy corn stitch marker? That is one of my creations. I also made a matching candy corn crochet hook to match it..






Oh so I wanted to show some random pictures of things that happened during the week. I will call them my Random Rants lol

3 oz of ponytail from me to be donated to Locks of Love.


These two Lovely things were at cracker barrel. I love the color combo of the scarf and I saw the sweater and thought..... hmmm I could make that maybe....

Stash enhancements for the week. the Must Stash yarn I won!!!






Comments

Popular Posts