Why do Vacations have to end?

It has almost been 2 weeks since my last post. I have been one busy mom. Since my last post we have had doctors appointment's, vacation, a MOPS meeting, and family drama. I am telling you I so needed that Vacation!
our cabin view.. see the fog.. that is Townsend area it looked like fluffy roving lol
I guess I will tell you a little about our Vacation, it was in the Smoky Mountains. It has to be our 2nd favorite place. The first being our house of course. When we go to the Smokys we always stay in Wears Valley. It is so peaceful there and not to far from the main strip in Pigeon Forge. Now before I show you pictures from my trip let me tell you the stress my hubby put me through right before we left. We were supposed to leave on Thursday but Tuesday after dropping the "kindergartner" off for school I got home and hubby informed me he changed his mind since it was supposed to be raining in Alabama the next few days.. Sounds great huh? Not if you are an OCD, list making, pack the day before planner like myself. I was excited to be going early but had only 2 hours to pack me and the boys! I am proud to say I was able to do it but I so over packed in fear of not having enough lol. The trip was great! I was able to score some Renew Wool from Tuesday Mornings and another ball of the Christmas Sock yarn in Balsam Fir. I also visited the Smoky Mountain Spinnery. I really liked this little shop. It has 3 rooms actually and carries only natural fibers. They have a HUGE selection of roving's. I can not wait to go back and get some more roving.

Now time for the Pictures!!!!
Elvira's on Wear Valley Road
Its all made from Corn Stalks and Hay!!
I have never seen a bus like this it was so super long!
the boys and I decided to take a little Nature Walk.
My Little cuties the "kindergartner" and the "red head"
car knitting...need I say more :)

Oh I almost forgot I have a FO!! I wanted to make a light Shawl to take with me since it was cooler there. I used James C. Brett Marble Chunky in the MC9 colorway. It worked up very fast and you can see my notes on making it here on my Ravelry Project page. I had actually used this yarn before in a hooded scarf project but did not like the yarn for the project .... you can see all that info and pictures here.












This is my current work in progress.. it is still the Poncho. I took this picture this morning. It is about 180 yards of the total 980 yards.... I have a lot more to knit :) It is out of Fibranature Oak in the Thyme colorway. The Pattern is the Easy Folded Poncho from Churchmouse yarns


Glad I was able to catch up with you and share my little vacation with you.... Happy Yarning!

Comments

Popular Posts