Finished Objects Parade On

 Parade on Little Sheep Parade On...

I was a busy girl last month. This month not so much. I love spring don't get me wrong I love seeing all the birds again and all the pretty flowers. However, with all the comes my arch Nemesis "Pollen". Pollen is my Kryptonite. IT can take me down fast. I have been nothing but watery red eyes, snotty nose and that dry cough that makes you sound like a dying seal. Since my last post I have finished some objects.



First I finished another square from the Harmony Knit and Purl book. I talked about the book before. It is filled with stitches to learn and increase your knitting knowledge. This time I used the Loop Pattern. It is very similar to the free Honey Cowl by Madeline Tosh  that I made a while back. I used the Caron Simply Soft yarn in the Pistachio color way.  You can see my review on this yarn and more thoughts on this book here.

I also completed the Love of Knitting February Square made from Lion Brands Heartland yarn. I used the Glacier Bay color way. I really like this yarn... it has a two tonal color and is very pretty. I even bought it in Joshua Tree for a project down the road. The skeins are aran weight and with 251 yards and 142 grams there is plenty for a nice size project. My square measures in at 14 x 14 and on took 96 yards and 46 grams leaving plenty for something else. The yarn has a nice bounce and is really soft. I can definitely see more of this yarn in future projects. 



I also made another Barn Raising Square from some scraps. The yarn was a club colorway called September 2012 from Mind's Eye Yarns. She is an indie dyer that does amazing work! I am sad to say however she has closed her shop and dying business last year... I was lucky enough to have gotten some scraps of her yarns on a destash for Barn Raising Squares... 
I also completed a donation hat for Halos of Hope again. This was my 2nd time to donate to them. You can see the first set I donated here along with the link to the pattern I used. This time I was inspired by a hat from Laura Brown called the spring chicken hat. This is a cute free pattern found on Ravelry. I added a Pom Pom on top and since Halos was collecting hats in a Safari Theme I choose the Violet - Backed Starling as my inspiration. I used Hobby Lobby's I Love This Yarn in Mulberry and some scraps for the eyes and beak. I was able to drop off my hat at Stitches South in Atlanta.

My current WIP is a Hat from the Hitch book. Knits inspired by the Alfred Hitchcock Films. You will see more of this on my next post. 

Comments

Popular Posts