Hitch ~ Designs inspired by the Alfred Hitchcock Films



I have been working on the same project pretty much the entire month of may.. It was however my first time to use nothing but charts. the hat is called Exakta by Stephannie Tallent. It is a pattern from the new Hitch book. It is a wonderful book filled with patterns inspired by the Alfred Hitchcock Films. There is even a matching cowl that can be found on Craftsy called the Exakta Cowl.

The Hat is worked in the round and has a cabled design with windows. Every one of the windows is designed to have a different pattern inside of it. It is actually a very easy pattern to follow. I am an extremely new to cables and the only other cables I have done was on a block from Love of Knitting. I actually show that block in the video bellow. I really enjoy making this hat and can see another one in my future.

The Pattern:
~written by Stephannie Tallent
~completely charted
~involves a lot of cables
~well written
~does have an Errata
~paid for pattern
($6 for the individual pattern or 16.95 for the ebook.)

The Yarn:
~Universal Yarns Renew Wool
~thinner in some places
~contains area of colored yarns in some places
~before wash not close to the skin soft
~really softens up after wash




I love how the designer made the top of the hat. I also love how each window has a different design in it. My had used 7 windows. There are 8 window designs to choose from. If you were to make the larger hat you could use all 8. I also mixed up the order I did my windows in. I did not want 2 similar designs to be side by side.  

Video Notes:
  A homespun House  Please head over there and check out her Podcast :)
My Favorite Patterns :
Melanie Shawl
Miss Fremont Shawl
Not Your Gal Friday Sweater
Exakta Hat :)
Bodega Bay Stole
Tippi Toes Socks
Wendice Socks
Rivera Nights Srole
Our Gal Midge Sweater
Kently
Greenwich Village Sweater
Three Second Kiss
San Jaun Baulista
Robbie Sweater


Comments

Popular Posts