UGH! I did it too


You know how every year Christmas merchandise gets to the shelves earlier and earlier. It drives me crazy. Christmas is a holiday dear to me heart and Americans have forgot what Christmas is about. It is not about the hustles and bustle and getting that great deal on a present for little Sue etc... It has a more personal meaning one that deals with the heart and sole. So every year as I avoid the Christmas isles in July like the bubonic plague I just wonder if they are actually being shopped yet. Now don't get me wrong I LOVE some Christmas decor but I also love Thanksgiving and Autumn and I love to celebrate them and decorate for them. I do not like rush my Fall and Winter seasons they are my favorite and deserve every minute I can spend with them.

This year however is my first real fall/winter season as a knitter. Yea I was a somewhat knitter last year but not really not like I am now. I have knowledge and practice under my belt and I am over filled with excited about knitting all the things! There is a podcast called Just One More Row , It is hosted by Dana the talent behind Unwind Yarn Company and Brittany her awesome friend who is soon to be a mommy :). They have a KAL going on until August 31. Want to join in? Here Is the Group on Ravelry and thread for FO's here . PLEASE READ THE RULES OF THE GROUP AND CONTEST THREAD ~ thanks

There KAL made me want to knit Christmas Holiday things and so I did :)

 

The snowman at the top of the post is just a larger version of the a snowball buddies whit a body added on. The Snowball Buddies pattern can be found on Ravelry Here. It is a paid for pattern for $5.50 but worth every penny! There are instructions to make the reindeer, owl, mouse and a bunny. I went on my own and made the snowman but if you do an project search you can see people made Santa's, elf's and other related cuties. For mine I used all scrap acrylic yarns in worsted weights and a US 5 needle. My eyes and noses I got from a shop on Etsy called 6060. I have seen eyes at Hobby Lobby but the smallest was a 10 mm and I used 6-9 mm on mine. If you have any questions please let me know and I will be glad to help you make you some cute snowball buddies as well!! 

Happy Yarning!

Comments

Popular Posts