A Cowl and a Alien Oh my!

July 15th can you believe that that. It is getting super HOT here in Alabama they are fiber and knitting events going on states away and I am at home wishing I was there. To those attending #SSK2015 I wish I could join you.

I have some FOs to share with you.

Pattern: The Bandana Cowl
Needle: US 10 Knitters Pride #Marblz
Yarn: Berroco Vintage in the 6106 Grey colorway. I used 156 yards and 120 grams

:Notes:

I really loved this pattern. There is a link so notes I used from another Ravelry member on my page.
This is a super fast knit and very easy knitting.  I cast on 97 Stitches and when I got to 75 stitches I decreased every round as I did the garter then did a crochet bind off.




Pattern: Also by Stacey Trock "FreshStitches"
Hook:  Us G 6
Yarn: I Love this Yarn from Hobby Lobby
Ombre Jamie 97.6 yards 55 grams
Solid Limelight 204 yards 114 grams

:Notes:

I did a lot of the same mods as my previous Alfo . Since this guy was going to a smaller child I made his legs shorter and arms shorter. I added a cape and different color hands and feet. The mouth is felt with the sticky on the back but for added durability I sewed around the edge. I did two rows of single crochet around the mouth to give him lips. I love the look and the first person to ever do that with Alfo. The eyes are safety yes but for a extra line of protection used felt behind the crochet eye. So it was eye, crochet, felt then safety back. The Cape is a double crochet and I found a big button that I was able to pull the crochet chain trough the button hole but also added thread and sewed it on even more for more of a safety precaution.


I loved how both of my FOs turned out and I hope I have inspired you to get out there and create!

Happy Yarning ~Kim

Comments

Popular Posts