A few Santas to Brighten the Holidays. The Lost Post..

This post was supposed to go up the first week of October. I am not sure what I did lol.  So here it is..

Hey Guys and Happy Fall! It is October and my Birthday is a few days away. I have been knitting when I can but lately life has been in full swing. We have recently become a #cubscout family and I have become a Den Leader. In my last post I shared a little of my Knit Santa's. I thought I would do a little post about them and other "Holiday" knits I have planned.


The Santa pattern can be found in an old Leisure Arts Magazine from December 1988. I found my copy on ebay for under $3 shipped. The pattern is called St Nick to Knit. It is written using yarn that is no longer in production. The pattern is also written flat which is not something I am interested in so I modified it to be knit in the round. So for the body I just added to stitches for the cast on, same with the legs and arms. The sweaters I used the pattern from Tin Can Knits in the newborn size on two of them and then followed the patterns instructions for the hood and sewed it on. I did make the first sweater by following the pattern and seaming it. My beards I used fun fur on two of them and on the last one I used some fake doll hair I found a long time ago at hobby lobby

As for Holiday knits I really don't have that much planned besides some hats for gifts. You can see the pattern info bellow.
1. Jason's Tweed Hat by Melissa Thomson
Yarn: Berroco Vintage Chunky in 6106 Grey Color
I will be making one for Aiden and Gabe.

2. Quick Cable Slouch Hat by Azure Knits
Yarn: Berroco Vintage Chunky in 6180 purple
I will be making this for a lady that works at my Doctors office.







Comments

Popular Posts