Less Time For Chores more Time for Knitting

So I am not sure if you are like me but I would much rather spend my time crafting than doing chores. However, I can not do that. I do however stream line my day to day activities so I can craft more. You can ask any of my friends and I am very OCD and very organized but am so so I can relax more. It works for me and my family. So of the things I do is push myself to get up and get things done. I get all the cleaning and errand chores by 1 pm every day. That means I do not sit down sometimes from 6 am to 1 pm some days. I live by the server code I learned when I was in college... full arms in and full arms out. Meaning if I leave one room and see something that goes is room B I take it and then when I leave room B and see something that goes in room C I will take it real fast (this happens every time I go from room to room). I dust once a week and clean bathrooms, spot vacuum daily and deep vacuum once a week. We do not wear shoes in the house only in the foyer. I shampoo carpets once a month. Laundry is done usually on Saturday and Wednesday. I plan out or meals by what is on sale and what is in my pantry and I 100% believe in the power of the crock pot in the fall and winter.

I know I have shared some of my favorite recipes in the past but think I will try to do that more often. This week I want to share a crock pot meal both of my kids will eat.... yep both the 8 year old who thinks he is a teenager and the red headed stubborn 4 year old.
This Recipe comes from an old Gooseberry Patch cookbook. They used to have a catalog and man do I love their stuff. Its for Beef Stroganoff. It is super easy. You will need crock pot, 1 lb of round steak, 1 can of cream of mushroom soup, 1 can of cream of celery,1 package of egg noodles, 1 packet of Beefy Onion dry soup mix (come two in the box) and this is totally optional but I love the slow cooker liners because they make clean up a breeze. (See Photo Below) My Tip: My local Winn Dixie has this on sale from time to time so does our local meat store. When it is on sale I buy it and split it up in 1 lb packs. I wrap in nonstick foil then in a freezer Ziploc bag. I write on the outside what it is and date it... always date it. Usually I can get 2.5 lbs for about $8 which makes two meals! The beefy onion dry soup I can usually find for $1.50 for two meals, cans of soup about $1 each and noodles about $1... bring meal total under $8
You cube the round steak and put in the crock pot, then add the two cans of soup, sprinkle the beefy onion soup on top with a little salt and pepper per taste, stir a little and then turn it on low for 6-8 hours. About 15 mins before its done make the noodles. Serve the mixture on the noodles and we like ours by itself but you can add some veggie sides or a slaw would be good. and enjoy. This is a very fulling and prefect for a fall or winter day! Not to mention it takes minutes to prepare and leaves you plenty of time for crafting....


Happy Yarning my friends

Shawl in photo is La La's Simple Shawl in Mushishi by Plymouth Yarn.
Other Recipe Post one is here and one is here

Comments

Popular Posts