Knit the Sky


I recently got this amazing book from Storey Publishing by Lea Redmond called Knit the Sky. The book is written in an interesting way, it is not your typical pattern book. Lea has written this amazing creative adventure for you and your yarn to go on. The book has many different projects and while there is not a written pattern it is written in a way to direct you in a creative process. If that was interesting enough there is a pattern stitch guide in the back of the book with 10 stitches like bobbles, ribs and the raspberry stitches. There is also a techniques guide that covers joining like kitchener stitch , picking up stitches and picot bind off. Last but not least there is several patterns in the back of the book. Some of them include socks, a simple hat, simple hand warmers, and a few more.

Images from Amazon.com

Amazon has a few preview photos on their site that can be found here. To see more previews look to the left of the pack to see some pages inside.

The book is a very nice hardback book and the pages are a great weight. I see this book being a great book to look to when I need inspiration and when I just can not decide on what to knit.

So who is this book for?:
~would be great as a gift
~applies to any level knitter
~Great book for Stash Bustin
~great for the knitter that may be indecisive on what to cast on
~great for someone who wants to be creative but not sure where to start
~Great for the knitter that loves a little fun

 If I had to describe the way the patterns written it would be in a way to not direct you but to give you options for your knitting. I love how there are so many "fun" ways Lea uses to get your project going. Some of my favorite is the Grandmother's Basket of Berries (which can be seen above), Mood Ring and the Gumball inspired Sweet Possibilities.

Would I buy this book? Yes! On Amazon it is $12.23, how could you pass that up? Click Here to check out Knit the Sky on Amazon. 


Thank you Storey Publishing for allowing me to review this book. 
(I do not make anything if you buy the book or anything not an amazon affiliate. I am just a blogger sharing information about the fun things I come across.)

Comments

Post a Comment

Please Leave a Comment Here

Popular Posts