TMNT Birthday!

I am in a whirl wind of emotions today... My oldest turns 6. He started kindergarten two weeks ago and has been loving it. Everyday when I drop him off he gets out of his sit comes around to my door and gives me a kiss goodbye. He then blows a kiss to his little brother behind me and walks into the school like he has been doing it fr years. I am so happy to see him growing up but so sad at the same time. Its a scary place out in the real world. This year he still is all about trains but he is also all about Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. We are actually having a "TMNT" inspired party with family only. I wanted to make him something so I decided on the TMNT Michaelangelo pattern by Linda Potts. She has a bunch of cute patterns so if you are a crocheter you should check out her Ravelry page.

My differences: I pretty much followed the pattern except for the shell ring and I shortened my Body. I just did 3 dc in a st and then sl st to the next and repeated.. I also made my belt different and added the strap that goes over the arm much like the newer turtles. Oh and I did my hip area differently as well but not sure how to explain it. I used safety eyes from Hobby Lobby. The mouth is black yarn embroidered on.

I gave him to "Birthday Boy" last night and he loves him.
 
I must admit I love him to and my hubby now wants one... Maybe after the holidays though because I have so much I want to make...

Currently I am doing 3 KALS for the months of September and October. The first is through MustStash. They do a podcast that I LOVE! It you haven't heard it check them out. The KALS they have going on this month are a handspun and Rhinebeck or Bust. for the handspun I am using my pumpkin handspun and making the Nora Spiral One-Skein Hat by Manuele Ducret. My project page info for that can be found here. Now I am also going to use this for the KAL the Knit Girlls are doing. It is for something for Halloween... I meaning a pumpkin color hat... I can not get much more Halloween than that :)  So that project is being "double Dipped". The last thing I am making is The Easy folded Poncho by Church house Farms. My project page for that can be found here.  I hope you check out my WIPS and drop into one of the groups MustStash or Knit Girlls and tell them I sent you. I would also love to hear about your WIPS and see pictures :)

Happy Yarning!

Comments

Popular Posts