Modified Moss Cowl

The holidays are approaching us and fast. I love friends and family but I am going to be honest I do not want to spend forever knitting or crafting for them. I was going to use this for a dirty Santa gift but now I may have to keep it. The yarn is called Macro by Berroco. The yarn is a Super Bulky and is very nice. The color I used is called 6715 Polar Night. The yarn is 50% Wool, 40% Acrylic and 10% Alpaca and retails for about $20. The yarn is really nice. I started off doing the Marian that can be found on Ravelry. But got about 3 inches in and realized I made something similar a while back. The Gap-Tasitic Cowl is a Bulky cowl that uses Seed Stitch.

So after ripping that out I started a pattern on my own. I wanted to do a double Moss stitch. I got about 2.5 inches in and realized it did not make it big enough also it did not show enough stockinette stitch enough for me. So I ripped that in and then casted on again. So after a lot of ripping the yarn still looked like new and has grown up to become a beautiful cowl. 


Don't you just love it! I know I do, you can make you one too. To find the yarn head over to Berocco http://www.berroco.com/yarns/berroco-macro  then you can click this link to find it http://www.berroco.com/locator/?brand=Berroco&yarn=Macro.

The Pattern:
Using a Us 17 24 inch needle
Cast on 72 stitches
Row 1 Purl
Row 2 Knit 2, Purl 2
Row 3 Knit 2, Purl 2
Row 4 Knit 2, Purl 2
Row 5 Purl 2, Knit 2
Row 7 Purl 2, Knit 2
Row 6 Purl 2, Knit 2
Row 7 Purl 2, Knit 2   (Repeat till you have 4 repeats)
Row 29 Purl 
Bind Off.

Now that left me just enough to bind off and weave in cast on and bind off edge. I think I cut off about 2 inches after weaving in ends on both tails. I got about 6 stitches per 4 inches. 

I hope you enjoy knitting one too. 




Happy Crafting!

Comments

Popular Posts