Subscribe to Blog/Channel

The Dreaded Swatch and Keeping the Infomation


I have to admit something... 

Until this week, I had never swatched. 😂

I'm getting ready to cast on my very first sweater, and I've chosen Harvest by Tin Can Knits. I love how approachable the pattern looks, and with so many completed projects and helpful project notes from other knitters, I feel like I have a good chance of success.

The part that threw me for a loop? The swatch.

I've always heard that you should keep your swatches so you can refer back to them later, and even unravel and reuse the yarn if you need to. Sounds simple enough, right?

Well... my slightly OCD brain wanted... okay, needed... a cute tag to attach to each swatch so I would have all of the important information right at my fingertips.

I searched all over the internet for printable swatch tags, and apparently I'm the only one who wanted something cute! Surely I can't be the only person who likes to keep things organized this way. I know a lot of people use notebooks or simply pin a piece of paper to their swatch, but that just wasn't going to work in my little world.

So, I opened Word and designed my own!

I'm happy to share them with you as a free download. As always, you're welcome to use them for your personal projects, but please don't claim them as your own or sell them.




Comments

Popular Posts