A little Christmas Enabling


 
 
 I love Christmas. I love the magic that is in the air, the decorations, the togetherness it brings and of course the presents. I know its not about the presents and we teach that to our boys but presents are fun. I however have family that has not gotten my love of yarn and knit/crochet yet so they were a little reluctant to shop for me this year. Instead they gave me money told me to shop for myself and then stick it under the tree. You maybe thinking well that's no fun knowing what you are getting but I am able to get 2x as much since I am a dire hard bargain shopper! I love knitting with nicer yarns but can not see myself paying $28 for a skein of yarn.. $20 is the max.. Now I do have a few skeins that were over that but only about 3 and it was special occasion yarns.  

So this are my gifts! I will go into a little detail in case you are seeing something that catches your eye :) Lets start on the table.. The first skeins of yarn the red/pink/purple stripe is
Knit Picks Imagination Sock Yarn Rose Red, then light purple is madelinetosh tosh merino light in Sugar Plum, Blue isvmadelinetosh tosh merino Betty Drappers Blues, red is Malabrigo Arroyo Juniper, madelinetosh tosh merino light Tern.
 Back row is cascade yarns heathers 220 in a orange and purple, red propped again the bag is Knit Picks Imagination Sock Yarn in Ruby  slippers. The purple bag and the teal one in the floor are Jordana Paige. Mine were bought used since I am unable afford them new :) The Rolags are from https://www.etsy.com/shop/ivyrash. The red and purple solids are Deborah Norville Collection Serenity. The wooden sheep is a wraps per inch tool from https://www.etsy.com/shop/Girlontherocks. There is also some stitch markers from https://www.etsy.com/shop/SuchGwenderfulStuff I got them in the Winter Night colorway. They reminded me of the Nightwalkers in Game of Thrones.
In the floor we have the Red Heart Super Saver skeins from Wal-Mart's Black Friday sale, Knit and Purl book from Interweave. ( I got my copy at Books a Million on clearance for $5!! Simply Knitting magazine (favorite knitting magazine). Then we have more Knit Picks Imagination Sock Yarn in Looking Glass and Loch Ness. Last but not least is my sewing machine bag from Jo-Ann also a Black Friday deal!
I am feeling pretty Blessed to say the least. I was also given some Sheep PJ's from Kohls and cute black and white slippers. The slippers are super cute and have a fair isle pattern with snow flakes, they are from Wal-mart.
(All my yarn was at least 50-70% off!!)


I have already have most of my yarn pared with patterns and you can see all of that on my Ravelry Queue.

I would love to see what you got! Share a picture on my facebook page or here in the comments section!

I hope you all had a lovely time with family and friends during the holiday. I hope you got every thing you wanted but more importantly I hope you had Peace and Joy and felt that special feeling that comes from being around those whom you love. Merry Christmas and until next time.... Happy Yarning!



Comments

Post a Comment

Please Leave a Comment Here

Popular Posts