Subscribe to Blog/Channel

Delicious Yarns Review, Sweet Superwash Merino in Jelly Bean


Some yarns are simply scrumptious. They are squishy, come in delicious colorways, and are a pleasure to knit with, hold, and even smell.

I first heard about Delicious Yarns from a friend and just had to try them for myself. The company was created by Marcy Feldman and Jacqueline Pinson at Stitch Café, a yarn shop in California. They even offered yarn samples, which I thought was such a fun idea. After all, who doesn't like to sample something sweet before deciding on a favorite?

I ordered one of their sample packs, and they were absolutely right in calling their yarns delicious.

My sample included a dollop of Sweet Superwash Merino in the Jelly Bean colorway. First, let me say I am completely addicted to jelly beans, so the name alone made me smile. Then I discovered they had included both a knit and a crochet pattern for a cute cuff. How generous is that?

The sample arrived packaged like a box of chocolates. You open the package to find it beautifully wrapped, then unwrap your own little sweet treat along with the pattern. It was such a fun presentation and made opening the package feel extra special.

And the yarn... oh, the yarn. It was incredibly soft and an absolute joy to work with. Although the cuff patterns were a thoughtful addition, I knew this beautiful yarn deserved to be shown off in a different project. I decided mine would become a headband so the colorway could really shine.

I really enjoyed working with this yarn. One of the biggest surprises came while the headband was still on my needles. Delicious Yarns featured one of my work-in-progress photos on their Facebook page, blog, and newsletter. I was so excited to see my knitting and one of my photos shared by the company. It made the project even more special.

Needless to say, their yarns are every bit as yummy as they look. Sometimes we all need a little sweetness in our lives.

If you would like to learn more about Delicious Yarns, you can visit their Etsy shop or follow them on Facebook.

Etsy Shop: https://www.etsy.com/shop/DeliciousYarnsStore

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/deliciousyarns/

Graphics and product photos from Delicious Yarns were used with permission. Photos of my sample and work in progress are my own.

Happy Yarning,

Kim






Comments

Popular Posts