Project Bags and The Pain They Bring Me

Projects bags are so hot right now. Everyone and their momma is making them and selling them. Do not get me wrong I love all the inde style bags and the shops like Little Skein In The Big Wool has be drooling and dreaming on a weekly basis.Her "kits" with the bag, project and yarn are stunning and I have been kicking myself for not getting the "Where The Wild Things Are Set" Like every time I see the little creature made I cringe and wonder why I did not go for it. Anne does have set right now for her Anne of Green Gables Series. Which you can see all the updates for that in her shop right now. I suggest following her on Instagram and joining her ravelry group.


Then you have stores like Awesome Granny. Her fabrics are fun and she has two bag sets! You can find her on Instagram as well and she too has a Ravelry group. I love this back fabric with the foxes and she also has a deer set in a heart.... Which are in my Etsy cart waiting for the moment when I have extra money to spend.

Update: I own several Bags by Awesome Grannie! I LOVE her stuff! (03/8/2018)




I want to buy bags but I can not afford it. I look at it like I can either buy a a bag kit/set or get the patterns I need, yarn, a haircut, etc. The struggle is for real people! Don't get me wrong these ladies do top notch work and I follow them on all the social medias and rant and rave about how awesome their stuff is but I do not own any. The only "bought" bag I have is from Erin Lane Bag I got at Stitches South this year. I love that bag and it is sooooo well made. She always has fun awesome prints....


Update: I still have not bought many of her bags. I like them but not love them. I actually began making a lot of my own but Awesome Grannie bags are my favorite for sure.

Want to see more of the Etsy shops I follow and drool over click here

So whats a girl to do?? Well I make crazy long wish list on Amazon or I put things I want in my Etsy cart and then when I have extra money I pick something from my list. Does not happen often. I give very and I mean very little "play" money each month. Like $25 a week :/  However to support my bag wanting I have been sewing my own. They are not as nice as the "professional" but they are decent and I must admit I enjoy sitting at machine once in a while. My sewing skills have gotten better.... am I saying I would never order a bag from the above nope... I want to support these ladies and I want to own one of their creations and I will just not right now.... So some of my favorite sewing patterns can be found here.   I also use the links bellow...
http://showyourworkings.files.wordpress.com/2008/06/knotbaginstructions2.pdf
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X1F39CmZuPw
http://www.handmadejane.co.uk/p/about-me.html

So far I have made me 14 bags, 2 for gifts and working on a new pattern for a gift that can be found here. 

For info about my bag tree check out this post here


I hope I have introduced to some awesome Etsy stores and maybe even encouraged you to get crafty! Happy Yarning ..... and Sewing :)

Comments

Popular Posts