I Finished My First Sweater! Harvest by Tin Can Knits + More Finished Knits
Guess what I finally finished?
My Harvest sweater!
Well... technically, it's been finished since February 15, 2015, but life had other plans. Between viruses, the flu, ear infections, sinus infections, and getting everything ready for a local consignment sale, sitting down to write this post just kept getting pushed aside.
On the bright side, I managed to get 130 items tagged for the sale, with hopes of adding even more before the boys woke up from their naps.
Now, let's take a look at the finished objects!
So lets look at the FO's
Harvest by Tin Can Knits
This was my very first sweater, and I couldn't be happier with how it turned out.
Pattern
Harvest by Tin Can Knits
The pattern was wonderfully written, easy to follow, and one of the reasons I chose it was because there were so many completed projects on Ravelry with helpful notes from other knitters.
Needles
- US 8 for the body
- US 7 for all of the garter stitch sections
Yarn
Berroco Vintage
- Colorway: 5192 Chana Dal
- Approximately 6.87 skeins
- 1,490 yards
- 687 grams
Modifications
The only modification I made was skipping the last eight increases around the chest.
I originally cast on the XXL, but quickly realized I was closer to an XL. Because of that, the armholes ended up a little larger than I would have liked. Even so, I absolutely love this combination of pattern and yarn. The sweater is incredibly soft, comfortable, and one I'll enjoy wearing for years.
Crinkle in the Storm
One of my #StashDown2015 projects and part of the #15OldestSkeinsIn2015 KAL hosted by the Bookish Stitcher Podcast.
Pattern
Crinkle Beret by Sarah Wilson
For some strange reason, this lace section and I were at war!
The pattern itself is fun and works up quickly, but I could never quite memorize the lace pattern. I found myself referring back to my notes more often than I expected.
Needle
US 7 (4.5 mm)
Yarn
Yarn Bee Rainbow Wool
- Colorway: Seastorm
- Approximately 131 yards
- 73 grams
The yarn honestly felt a little rough while I was knitting with it. Thankfully, after a good soak it softened up beautifully.
It has a slight halo, which hides the lace pattern a little more than I would have preferred, but I absolutely love the color transitions in my skein. I remember reading on Ravelry that several knitters weren't thrilled with their color changes, but I was really happy with mine.
This hat was available for sale at my local yarn shop.
Socks on the Rising — Rock & Roll Style
Another project completed for both my Barn Raising Blanket and several knit-alongs.
Pattern
Barn Raising Square
by Shelly Mackie & Larissa Brown
Needles
US 2
Yarn
Brown Sheep Wildfoote Luxury Sock
- Colorway: 100 SY Rock N Roll
- Approximately 43 yards
- 10 grams
I used a crochet hook to make a provisional cast-on before transferring the stitches to my knitting needles.
Much like the Yarn Bee yarn above, this sock yarn didn't impress me at first. It felt a little rough while knitting, but after blocking it became wonderfully soft. The bright colors definitely make this square stand out.
This continues to be one of my long-term projects and is part of the Bookish Stitcher Podcast Blanket KAL, #StashDown2015, and #BRQ2015.
What's Next?
I've also been hard at work knitting several hats from Cats in Hats by Sara Thomas.
If you've been following me on Instagram, you've probably already seen a few sneak peeks!
I'll be sharing a full review of the book toward the end of the month, along with more finished hats.
As always, you can find me on social media using the links in the sidebar or over on Ravelry as Yarning4aSmile.
Happy Yarning!
Kim


.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)


Comments
Post a Comment
Let's chat about it.