December Wrap Up

made for me from my friend Debra
Today is December the 30th. Wow that is a crazy sentence to write. The end of the year is always bitter sweet to me. Sad to see it go but excited to see what the new year brings. I finished two big fingering weight shawls this year. I knitted and crocheted over 10,000 yards of yarn. I meet new friends through fiber arts and I have learned some things about myself. I have been very busy girl this year and have so much more planned in the future. This blog has grown since last year. I am even planning new things for the future. I am changing how I record the video-cast. I will be having segments and it will slowly become more of a regular podcast. I will be getting my from Debra to join in and hopefully get to film on location at my local yarn store. So without further ado on with the show:


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
FO's:

Chunky Owl Mitts
Pattern: Pattern Chunky Owl Mitts by Naturegirlknits1
Needle Us 11 and 13
Yarn Lion Brand Wool Ease in Oatmeal
~I am not a chunky mitt kind of gal but I do love the look of them
~mine were a little big despite getting gauge
~I added buttons, not part of the pattern

Pint Sized Pines smaller one / larger one 
Patterns: Pint Sized Pines by Julie Tarsha
Needle Us 2
Yarn Madeline Tosh Unicorn Tails Jade
~I followed the fingering weight pattern for the first one but mine would not fit on the cork so I put it on a branch
~the 2nd one I doubled the cast on and pattern and it fit on the cork.
~I glued felt around the cork then sewed the tree to it with sewing thread.

Winter Swatch Cloth
Pattern: Winter Swatch cloth by Lorna Miser published in Love of Knitting Winter 2015
Needle US 7
Yarn Peach and Cream cotton in Yuletide this was deep dark stash lol
~I did not do the applied edge I ran out of time, so I just did a sc border.



Wee Sweater  short sleeve / long sleeve
Pattern: Wee Sweater by Sara from www.imaginedlandscapes.com
Needle US 2
Yarn: Short Sleeve Plymouth Yarn Happy Feet Splash 100 in the Lipstick / Long Sleeve On Your Toes Bamboo in the 130 color.
~Fast Fun super cute.
~Highly recommend

Terauley Shawl
Pattern: Terauley by Laura Chau
Needle: US 5 3.75
Yarn: some 100% superwash Merino I bought from ebay.
~~This is a paid for pattern
~~This shawl is so squishy I love it.. need to finish it. I have about 15 ish rows then bind off

Storm Trooper
Pattern: Star Wars Crochet by Lucy Collin only sold in kit (book, yarn, hook)
Hook G
Yarn Scraps
~OMG I LOVE THESE
~will make them all
~easy to follow
~love the how to pictures in the book

The Walking Dead Mystery KAL
Pattern: The Walking Dead MKAL from Jimmy Beans and Kristen  Ashbaugh- Helmreich
Yarn: lorna Laces Shepherd Sock in the October 2015 Walking Dead Colorway
Needle: US 3 Hiya Hiya Sharps 3.25mm
~~Loving this knit and the season of the Walking Dead
~~ this is a paid for Pattern
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
WIPS

Cozy Memories Blanket. You can see all my notes here. This is a long term project so I ordered a set of Signature Needles to use on it.

Spark Story Socks
Pattern none just a toe up and Fish Lips Kiss Heel
Needle US 1 KArbonz DPN
Yarn Spark Story Toughie Sock in the Spectra Color 
~ Had to completely rip these back because I had increased to 64 stitches but they were to big.


Tortuga Shawl
Pattern: Tortuga Shawl by Ela Torrente 
Needle US 7 Karbonz
Yarn King Cole Yarns in the Drifter Base in the Nevada
~Love this yarn and how it is striping
~this yarn is so soft.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Upcoming:
Shawl KAL with Bookishstitcher Undead Yarn
I will be doing the :
Summer Flies Again Shawl
Pattern: Summer Flies Again by Donna Griffin
Needle :
Yarn: Interlacements Woolee in the Blues

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

New To The Stash

Little Skein In the Big Wool Clara's Nutcracker Ornament Kit only 13 left (when I checked)
Gumdrop Wonderland Kit (No longer available)
Up in Yarns Yarn Club 



 Happy New Year!

Santa had just left

Comments

Popular Posts