How do you morning??



I love an easy project to work on while I eat my breakfast and wake up. I always have one mindless knitting project and one mindless crochet one going all the time. I find its easier for me to knit in the movies but a mindless crochet gets me thinking more in the morning. I am currently working on another Rainbow Ripple Baby Blanket. Its a free pattern on Ravelry and can be found here. 

The yarn I am using is the Lion Brand Mandala Baby in the Pixie Hollow color. I wanted to try this out and see which I like more Mandala regular or the Baby. Well its the regular version hands down. The difference between the two is the way they are plied. The Baby version is 3 ply tight twist spun yarn. The Regular is more of a single ply which makes if softer. The Baby feels more acrylic despite them both being acrylic. To me the Baby comes in more brighter colors and the Regular is more muted tones. I think they are both great yarns and for the price consider it a wonderful deal. You can check out my project page for this project here. 

Now let's talk about my smoothie! Its so good and very simple to make. 
Ingredients needed:
1 cup of fresh and washed blueberries (from my garden)
1/2 cup of fresh washed strawberries (They have been on sale at Sams for a few weeks now)
1/2 soy milk (I used the unflavored) 
2 small containers of Activia light blueberry can be seen here.

It's so easy, so good for you, and so fast to make. To make it even faster go ahead and wash and cut some strawberries up and keep them in an air tight container in the fridge. I also keep my blueberries wash and in a container. I just grab how many I need throw them in and then add the yogurt and milk. 

I hope you had a wonderful 4th and I wish you the best Friday and weekend. You can see a bit of our fireworks show here as well as the other photos on my Instagram. 

Comments

Popular Posts