Afraid of All the Things


On occasion I do book review for B&H publishing. In the past I have done book reviews on my other blog but in an effort to simplify my life I am doing everything on this blog. I am actually going to be transferring some of my other book review post from my other blog to this one to have everything in one location.

This review is about a book called Afraid of All the Things by Scarlet Hiltibidal. This book was sent to me to review and for me to give my honest feedback.

Going into this book all I saw was the cover and a tiny description. I really love the cover it is this light mustardish - brownish hardback with cute graphics of things people may be scared of and has a nice texture to it. The book itself is written as if the Scarlet was setting there in front of you telling you her life incidents that occurred to her and how they made her feel. She adds scripture throughout to support help combat some of those fears.

I think for me I wasn't expecting that. I am not sure what I was expecting to find in the pages but maybe more of a reference of fears and then scripture to back combat them. I am not someone who is fearful, nor have I never have been and it is hard to get into the mindset of someone who is.  However, my mom is who I would consider a worrier and so is one of my sons. I see it in their daily anxiety and its hard because you want them to snap out of it and for them to see the world as you do but it is not that way for them. I really thought this book was more of a if they are feeling this then turn to this in the Bible but it was not that at all. It was more of a sit down conversation of someone telling you a life filled of fears with an occasional scripture to turn to. Scarlet talks about how she started to turn her focus onto God opposed to the things that were causing her fear and anxiety. I do not think it was a bad book in any way but it was not what I was expecting. I can not say I took away anything big from this book except maybe for more insight for how those I love worry see the world and for that though I am grateful.

So who do I think will enjoy this book?
I think the reader who is looking for some insight of someone with anxiety, someone looking to understand their fears more and someone who needs to understand that they are not the only ones with those fears would also enjoy this book.

You can find this book as well as read other reviews by clicking the link bellow.

Comments

Popular Posts