Stitches United 2019


#StitchesUnited is coming to Atlanta again!

Lets talk about the excitement I am experiencing for a moment. First of all my first fiber event was Stitches 2014 when it was called Stitches South and when it was in Atlanta. I talked about it some in this blog post/video. I loaded up my van with some local knitters and crocheters and off we went. It was a huge show and very overwhelming. I bought some yarn some pictured here, some I have used and some I have destashed. I was a new knitter at the time and a new crocheter. The experience was the most magical and educational experience ever. I got to meet Mr Rob and Mrs T from Buffalo Wool, I got to meet Marly Bird for the first time after talking to her several times over her podcast.
The 2nd one I went to was in 2016 and in Nashville at the Gaylord Opryland and Resort. It was a smaller show but still great. On this adventure I got to ride as my dear sweet friend Debra drove. I remember we had to park like forever away. It was a great time although like I said it was a smaller event. I did meet the dyer of Gerschubie who was super nice and travels in a RV. You should really follow her Instagram. I also meet the husband and wife team of Twisted Owl Fiber Arts. They are super nice and I really hope to see both of those dyers at Stitches United.
I wrote about that adventure a little here:




Now lets talk Stitches United!
Stitches United will be held in Ga again but this time at Renaissance Atlanta Waverly Hotel & Convention Center in ATL but a different location than the 2014 show. The floor looks huge and now there is something called the playground area. Apparently there will be live demos etc there. Needless to say my room has been reserved and I am ready for all the vendors to start posting their booth numbers so I can plan out my adventure...

All the Stitches United can be found here: http://www.knittinguniverse.com/United2019
Stitches United Ravelry Group: https://www.ravelry.com/groups/stitches-united

Have you been to a knitting or crochet event?? Have you been to a Stitches and are you going to United??

Comments

Popular Posts