Time to Destash!

Since this is a week late you should have created your plan off attack for your stash, house, drawer, closet.... what ever you are wanting to clean out and get organized. Last week despite having to take my youngest and mother in law to the Doctor for bronchitis I did manage to get a lot done. I even took a bag of yarn to the library and donated and have another ready to go. (these are partial/recycled yarns or I would offer them up to you guys) I was able to clean out the "school related stuff from my room and relocating that to the laundry room and shed where I can get to it a lo easier. I was able to really go through and touch all my yarns moving some acrylics and partial skeins to my was empty closet. I will add some photos to share my new space and crazy but great storage ideas. The first picture is the closet in my craft room, I now keep all my blocking, scrapbook, "other acrylics" shipping supplies, office supplies. I love over the door caddy in the pantry and I use one in my craft room closet for tape, paintbrushes .. pretty much everything. I also reuse cookie tins in drawers, plastic containers that lost their lids and dollar tree plastic trays. the boys rooms have labels on the drawers, when they were younger they have pictures of what does in the drawer. I love "vintage" metal baskets for yarn.

Since I now have my stash better sorted and less "cramped" I have set some attentive goals for myself...
 1. knit my 15 oldest skeins in 2015... and here they are.
 2. Knit from my acrylic in my closet and put some of them up for destash on ravelry
 3. Start a "cozy memories sock scrap blanket" with 6 grams balls of sock yarn
 4. Continue my "Barn Raising" Square Blanket
 5. Knit at least 3 pairs of socks
 6. Knit my hubby a hat like this one some how.
 7. Knit from Queue since most of my queued projects have yarn bought
 8. spin at least three braids..

The past two weeks I have finished my Endgame scarf, made a baby hat, finished the donation hat, worked on my sweater and started a #cozymemoriesblanket  ...  The baby hat was one of the 15 of my oldest skeins. It made a cute baby and hat and I based it from the pattern here.





 Oh and me and my oldest went to the circus with his class. It was a lot of fun but I wish the were more animal acts. The elephants were amazing along with the tigers :)


How your destash progress going. Hopefully well, I would love to hear about your destash stories... Happy yarning

Comments

Popular Posts