Family Favorite


As the fall weather approaches {Hopefully sooner than later} many people think of Crock-Pot cooking. I however, cook in my Crock-Pots weekly. To me the ease of throwing some food in there and having the magical little elves that live with in do all the cooking and then having it ready by dinner makes me want to use them like crazy! I wanted to share one of my families favorite meals to cook in the pots so maybe your family can enjoy them too.

Crock Pot Ribs

~Country Style Ribs
~Dry spices (I love the McCormick Grill Mates and the Webber ones)
~Brown sugar
~Salt and pepper to taste
~a onion
~some Beef Stock~BBQ sauce (we use Sweet Baby Rays Honey BBQ
Here are a few I grab, I do not have rhyme or reason to be honest during this part. I just put a bunch of the dry rub in a bowl with salt and pepper and then mix it.
Prep:
Spray your slow cooker with Pam or use a slow cooker bag for easy clean up!
Slice your Onion
Mix your spices and brown sugar

Put it in
Lay down the onions along the bottom of the cooker and then pour in some of the broth. I actually open broth and then freeze it in cubes so I just put in about 3 cubes in each pot. Take out your ribs and rub them down with the dry seasoning mixture and then lay them on the onions. Put the lid on and set it to low/slow/6-8 hour.

Finishing up
About 30 minutes before it is time to eat carefully drain the broth from the Crock-Pot. apply some of the BBQ sauce on the ribs and then allow it to cook for 30 more minutes. Then serve....

Now Here is a Tip!
If you forgot to thaw out the Ribs and they have been in the freezer that is OK!! Just do all the above putting the salt and pepper and spices on the frozen ribs placing them in the onions and stock but turn the Crock-Pot on high for about 3 hours and then sprinkling them with a bit more spices and turning it to low for the rest of the cooking process.

For the record I did not post this all day because I was planning on taking a photo of the finished Ribs to add to the post.... yea completely forgot... lol





Comments

Post a Comment

Please Leave a Comment Here

Popular Posts