A little Organization from my BYOB


If you have not figured it out yet I am an FREAK when it comes to organization. I was ecstatic when I came across Namaste during the Christmas Holidays. They are a family grown business that focuses on positive thinking and sharing the love of mankind. 

This is copied straight from their website:
 WE BELIEVE...
- namaste
When I started my knitting journey I also started learning of ways to store, organize and contain all the things that come with knitting. Towards the end of December I was ever so lucky in that I won a BYOB from Namaste Inc. They held a give away on Facebook and I was actually chosen to win. The prize was a wonderful product they have called the BYOB also known as the Build Your Own Binder.

The BYOB is so beyond awesome! It has a clean slick look, comes in a variety of stunning colors and holds anything and everything. The binder measures in at 13 long x 9 inches wide x 1.5 inches deep and comes with a detachable wristlet. The BYOB is sold for $39.99 and the pages are sold separately. There are 3 different types of pages you can get. I will tell you about each of the page as I show you my BYOB. So lets unzip it and see what the BYOB has to offer.
  I got to choose which color I wanted and I went with the eggplant.  The first picture it the outer front cover. The picture does not show the color well but you will see a better picture of it later in this post. I love the little removable strap it actually is very handy! I love how the front is plain and it just has the Namaste logo on a little piece of the Vegan faux leather. Notice I said Vegan Faux leather!! How awesome is that and it does not feel cheap at all. To me it actually has a little of a leather like feel. There is a nice large zipper that keeps all of your supplies in the binder. There are rings on the zipper pulls making it easy to unzip and you could even clip some of your removable stitch markers there.


 When you open the BYOB on the right side you have one lager mesh zippered pocket. I use mine to hold cable needles, extenders for my needles etc. I then have a Mesh Page. The mesh page features two zippered mesh pockets. Mine house my cables for my interchangeable needle set. The price for the mesh page is $10. Turning the page you can see I have the Interchangeable Page which retails for $15. This is by far my favorite part of this binder. The page consist of 24 slots total, 12 on the front and 12 on the back. The really cool thing about this page is that each slot is reinforced with an elastic strap so your small needles and hooks etc can not slide out!! I have a US 2 in the first slot and despite it being itty bitty it stays in its new home. The last page is the Long Straight Paige. I currently do not have mine in my binder since I am a big magic looper but it would great for DPNS as well. I however do not really have that many DPNs and do not use them often enough to keep them in here. The Long Straight Paige retails for $15 as well.  The back of the binder has the two great mesh zippered pockets like the front right side. Mine holds fixed circular needles. I am actually wanting to order one more page of the Mesh Pocket Paige since I am not currently using my Long Straight Paige To hold more of my fixed circulars since I am more inclined to use circular needles instead of straights or DPN's. The back of the BYOB case has a single zippered pocket. I love that pocket, it holds all my little things like extra end caps for my needles, the little key to tighten my needles and even a few darning needles. The fact that is on the back makes it easy to get to in case of a knitting emergency. You know the ones when you are 30 stitches in and realize your interchangeable needle has started to unscrew and you need to tighten it fast...we have all been there believe me!

If you are really wanting to get organized with your knitting this is the way to go. The BYOB would make a wonderful gift as well and would even be great for Crocheters. I chose the eggplant but if purple does not tickle you fancy then look into Caribbean Blue or the Red. I hope you enjoyed my little review and if you have any questions about my BYOB and would like me to measure anything leave me a comment and I will reply! Thanks for taking the time to read this post and Happy Yarning!

Be sure to check out other great Namaste Inc Product by clicking HERE!!!
You also can read about their amazing company here and follow them on Facebook here. They are always giving away things on their Facebook Page and promoting positive thinking and doing good unto others. Don't forget to tell them I sent you!!




Comments

Popular Posts