Claude wears Clothes


  


I love cute little monsters and I love Rebecca Dangers Big Book of Knitted Monsters. Rebecca's patterns are not only well written but the little "stories" of her monsters are cute as well... you will not be sad with this book. I have made a version of Claude which is the big green monster on the back row  of the cover. You can see him here on his Ravelry page. The book retails $18.99 but is on Sale for $15.08. You can grab your own copy of the book here.

I made Claude for my son. He is a Kindergarten graduate this year and I always have called him my little monster. My son however is very opinionated and was determined he could not own a monster without clothes. I explained to him monsters do not need clothes but he was pretty sure he did.... and so he does. I used 3 yarns for Claude. The red is Berroco Vintage 5150 in Berries, the blue is Berroco Vintage 5158 in the Kingsfisher colorway and the multi-colored is Stonehedge Fiber Mill Crazy yarn. I used the red for his head, feet and hands. The Kingsfisher was used so it looks as though he has on blue pants and the crazy yarn was cut buy colors and then striped to give him a stripped shirt. He is a fun knit and I enjoyed him very much.

My Pattern Notes:
~since he is started for the body I used blue (kingsfisher) until row 15. (body)
~I then figured out my stripe plan per rows (body)
~picked back up with red (berries) for neck and head at row 44. (body)

Legs - used blue (kingsfisher) for pants till row 19 then used red (berries).
Arms striped to match "shirt" till row 35 then used red (berries) for hands.
*** I found it easier to use DPNs for arms and Legs
The Yarn:
I love me some Berroco Vintage! Its soft, its cheap and it has wool... enough said... :)
Stonehedge Fiber Mill Crazy ~ this yarn is so much fun. I have yet to find two matching skeins but plenty that work well together. It is made from all the mill ends of stonehedge fiber yarns. Its so much fun you should try to find you some.
 I would also suggest getting Rebecca's 50 yards of fun book.... I already have and you will see more projects I do of hers in the future.... Happy Yarning!
(I am not getting anything from Rebecca Danger or her publisher for this post... I do get a little money from Amazon if you make a purchase from the links)

Comments

Popular Posts