Butterfly beanies and breakfast dreams....

What a week, we have a few pretty days here followed by some pretty wet days. Sunday was one of those wet rainy days. I did not mind though, I loved relaxing in my chair with my family watching TV and being snuggled to my queen sized heat blanket...yes my hubby hates it but I love it and all it's hotness.. Maybe one day I will share a picture of it in all of its hideous glory but for now I will keep it a secret.

This week I am still working on making some flowers for my scarf . I am also making a cute baby hat. I love babies and love making something for them which is on reason I wanted to learn to crochet. I just love handmade items and the time and thoughts that was put into them. I was given a cute bib and burp cloth set from a dear friend when my youngest was born and my mother-in law also made both of my boys a crochet blanket. My sweet mommy started knitting one for the oldest, but has only got a 12x12 square done. I really hope she finishes it for him one day. Their gifts will always be treasured by me and the boys. I will keep them till the boys get older and when they have kids of their own and they can pass them down. I am hoping that is how people will see the things I make for them and their children. I want them to know the whole time I am making it I am thinking about them and their baby. I am praying for them and their future wither I know them or not. The yarn I am using on this hat was bought at Big Lots of all places. The threads look like little butterflies. I am hoping to have enough to make two..one to sell and one to donate...



Are you the cooker in your family... well I am during the evenings and I hardly ever cook breakfast, however when I do I go all out. I made a breakfast casserole the other day and man was it good. I got up at 6:20 to prep everything. I thought I would share my little creation..

1/2 package of frozen spinach
1  green bell pepper chopped
1 tomato ( I am a southern so in the spring/summer its all about the maters..hehehe)
4 pieces of bread toasted and cubed
1/2 onion chopped
salt/pepper to taste
basil/parsley/thyme to taste
9 eggs beaten
1 cup mixed cheese

I toasted the bread and cubed it. I laid out the bread in the bottom of a 13 x 9 Pam sprayed baking dish. Keeping out some cheese to top the casserole with mix the other items together, spread it over the bread and then sprinkle the remaining cheese on top. Cook it in the oven on 350 for about 40 mins...Its even better warmed up on the next day.

Comments

Popular Posts