Duties of The Bee 4KCBWDAY2

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Day 2
"4KCBWDAY2 A Mascot Project.
(http://www.eskimimimakes.com/2013/04/4kcbwday2-mascot-project.html)
Your task today is to either think of or research a project that embodies that house/animal. It could be a knitting or crochet pattern – either of the animal itself or something that makes you think of the qualities of that house.

Alternatively it could be a type or colour of yarn, or a single button. Whatever you choose, decide upon a project and blog about how and why it relates to your house/creature."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Like many this was somewhat a hard one. I was skimming the web looking for something to spark an idea in my mind so I could write this post. I then heard my youngest moving around in his room waking from his nap. When I went in there to get him up and change his diaper I looked at his shirt. See the boys spent all most all morning with their grandparents while this little busy bee ran some errands. While at the grandparents they got extremely dirty playing outside like all little boys do. My mom decided to give them a bath before I got there and put some clothes on them she had at her house. She like me is a lover of the thrift stores and all their wonders things they have at dirt cheap prices. She often buys clothes for the boys to keep at her house for days like today. I mean there is nothing wrong with clothes that are used esp for outside play just give them a good scrubbing. :)
So as I looked down at my little red head I noticed a shirt mom had bought him at the thrift store. Can you read it? Let me read it to you. BEE-attitude : Blessed are the merciful for they shall obtain mercy. Matthew 5:7. How perfect is that for us little Bees. I found this on Bible.org  http://bible.org/seriespage/beatitudes-matthew-51-12:

5. “Blessed are the Merciful, for they will be shown mercy.”

The Meaning. One thing that is common to the poor in spirit, the meek, and those who hunger for righteousness is that their life is not self sufficient but looks outward for help. They understand mercy for they know their own inadequacies, dependence, weaknesses and incompleteness. And, when they receive gracious and merciful bounty from the King, they in turn know to show mercy to others. Showing mercy to others includes both the forgiveness of the sinner and compassion for the suffering and the needy.
They are called blessed because they place showing mercy above their own rights; they take no hostile stand against people in need, but try to show kindness to others and heal wounds. It is not that they are merciful by nature, but because they have been shown mercy and live in constant dependence on the Lord.
And because they understand mercy and show mercy to others, the word from God is that they shall obtain mercy. Ultimately this looks forward to the coming of the king and the day of judgment when by his mercy they will be welcomed through the judgment and into the kingdom. They will receive mercy, not because they did enough good deeds, but because they understood how important mercy is in their own spiritual pilgrimage and having entered into that state of grace were eager to share it with others. They learned to forgive others because they were constantly being forgiven; they learned to show mercy to others because they were being shown mercy every day.
The Application. Here to the act of showing mercy comes from the genuine spiritual experience. People who know more of God’s mercy will be merciful. It is important, then, that people have a good understanding of the grace of God in their own lives. This will come from the experience of confession of sin and thanksgiving for forgiveness--two aspects of the believers walk that often get neglected. Christians some times get to the point of thinking that they deserved the grace they have received, and they become then intolerant of others, even judgmental. The reality of our own spiritual condition and God’s provision must never be forgotten.

Now on to the project that comes to mind. When I was thinking of the habit of the bee was my 2nd week of crochet. I wanted to make some arm/wrist warmers and searched. I then came across a lovely free pattern from Erika Ward. They were stinkin cute with the little owl on them.. I was not put off by the cables or terms I had never even heard of. I remember I got to row 5 or so and new I was in trouble. After many and I mean M*A*N*Y attempts I frogged the whole thing and came up with a plain pair of DC then did some rows of TRC at the end so they would fit over my fitted long sleeve shirts. You can see them here. I was a little bee going from making a chain to jumping into a project that was way more advanced than my skills. I have learned to be a calmer bee and fly from project to project a little slower being mindful of the fly swatters that will try to take me down.

Comments

Popular Posts